Monday, 28 July 2008

WATCH THIS SPACE

Hello again folks! What a great weekend here in the UK weatherwise and spiritually! On Saturday a convoy three cars took off to Barmouth in Wales for a day out. A great day at the seaside with great weather; good Christian fellowship and fantastic fish 'n' chips ... you can't beat it! With thanks to Marian, Debbie, Katie, Claire, Joshua and Jude for a great day.

Yesterday we made another trip to Beit Baruch in Rugeley with our friends from Cyprus; Dave 'n' Chris Hall [ex-Jehovah Witnesses for 50 years!] and heard an excellent message on Hosea and God's unending grace [& discipline!] by Phil Smith, a missionary/bible translator working in north-west China spreading the True Gospel to muslims there. Followed by a good meal and yet more fellowship with the Barmouth Brigade until late in the evening. You can't beat that either!

Now ... back to business: A question: why would 200,000 people be motivated to come to the Brandenberg Gate in Berlin to hear a speech from a presidential candidate; in the same place that previous presidents Kennedy and Reagan and not to mention Hitler have spoken before? And that after meeting the joint-president of Europe [unofficially] Angela Merkel and before a whistle-stop visit to the UK.

The spin and the charisma of Obama is interesting. His roots are interesting and even his professed 'religion' ... be it islam; Christian &/or zealous black activist. But why would 200,000 flock to hear a speech? Unless the outcome of the US presidential election is already decided by our 'friends in high places'? Everyone who meets this man is captivated by him. Even Hilary Clinton with all her gusto couldn't overcome him. He is obviously clever, articulate and has a lot of good 'advisers'. Yet he has backtracked on the status of Jerusalem already. He pleases the Jews on one day and then appeases the muslims/arabs the next. A difficult balancing act.

Below are a few lines from Obama's books - in his own words:-

[From 'Dreams of My Father']: "I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

[From 'Dreams of My Father']: "I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

[From 'Dreams of My Father']: "There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."

[From 'Dreams of My Father']: "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

[From 'Dreams of My Father']: "I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela."

[From 'Audacity of Hope']: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Now I wonder ... who in the Bible will table a peace deal, balancing the wants of the state of Israel and the 'palestinians' ... maybe even dividing the land [see Joel 3:2] and Jerusalem and apparently ensuring 'peace in our time'? Who will seem to have all the right answers to the political, religious, economic, social and scientific problems facing the world?

To me ... the traits of the forthcoming antichrist can be found in Nicolas Sarkozy and Barack Obama. The antichrist will be known to True Christians before the rapture [personally, I'm in agreement with the 'pre-wrath' rapture theory of Marvin Rosenthal; and the late Robert Van Kampen in his book 'The Sign' which espouses a rapture around the 6th Seal]. I guess my message today is: WATCH THIS SPACE

God bless you and God bless Israel ... KeithJS ... 28-July-2008

No comments: