Sunday, 31 May 2009

FIFTH COLUMN TREACHERY

Hello again folks! Sometimes you can almost weep for Israel. It's bad enough that you are surrounded by countries who hate you [either to your face like Iran] or are two-faced [like Jordan]. It's bad enough that you possess 1% of the Arab land mass and the other 99% want even more. Or that your most ardent supporter is switching sides. But that a fair proportion of your own population mourns the day that you were created and march/demonstrate once a year in 'sackcloth and ashes' [practically] adds insult to injury:
Every year in Israel; palestinians remember the 1948 creation of the Jewish state of Israel by mourning it. They call it the 'Nakba' - which means "catastrophe". There is a controversial bill, backed by a government committee in Israel's Knesset recently, that is seeking to ban marking it in Israel. And I don't blame them either. There are two [2] words that describe these actions in the English language: 'treachery' and 'traitor'. The people that mark 14-May-1948 in this way feel aggrieved at what they feel that they have lost. But they or their descendants didn't budge in 1967 when their arab neighbours broadcast messages that they would push Israel into the sea - they were eyeing the potential gains. Yet a fair proportion of this 'fifth column' would rather stay in Israel than be under the jurisdiction of the PA!
My point is this: a quick check of unbiased historical references will show that there has never been an indigenous 'palestinian' people. Read Mark Twain's "The Innocents Abroad" [Penguin Classics; ISBN 0-14-243708-5] for his account of 'palestine' in 1867 [while it was still a part of the Ottoman empire with its regional capital being Damascus- not Jerusalem!]. That 700,000 peoples lost their homes is unfortunate [if you read the above BBC articles you can detect the bias]; but what about the Jews who lost their homes when they were ejected from the majority of muslim arab states after 1948? There is an absolute need for balance; honest reporting and fishing out true history from that which has been re-written and revised here.
These people are, of course, welcome to stay in Israel ... but they are not loyal to Israel ... and never will be - as muslims or arabs or palestinians. With Obama [and the US] about to put heavy pressure on Netanyahu's government for the [so-called] 'Two-State solution' with Jerusalem a palestinian capital; the events prophesied in the Bible will start to happen thick and fast ... and soon. So please continue to pray for the peace of Jerusalem [Psalm 122]; Israel and the True salvation of Jew and arab alike. Be Bereans; watchmen must warn; evangelists must compel.
God bless you and God bless Israel ... Keith J Sinclair ... 31-May-2009

No comments: