Friday, 26 June 2009

MICHAEL JACKSON

Hello again folks! The death of Michael Jackson is indeed a shocking and sad moment. A man who never grew up but spent his adult life trying to re-discover his lost childhood. A man who lived in a kind of bubble. A great dancer and singer/songwriter. I still remember cramming into a friends front room in the summer of '84 to watch the 'Thriller' video and how it was made.
There is only one [1] thing that I would like to say - or rather re-state - with regard to this occurrence. That; as with some of the sad losses I have experienced in my life and in particular this year; we never seem to appreciate what we have until it's gone. Whether that is a person or a 'thing' or a special time. Life is short and eternity is forever. I'm still having a little trouble believing that Kelly Groucutt has gone and so too my Uncle Charlie - this year alone. The only scripture that comes to mind at this moment - to me - is this:
"And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment..." [Hebrews 9:27 - NASB]
Death is a fact of life. We never appreciate what we have most times until it leaves our lives. The events today in Los Angeles have underlined this truth to me. It is my soundtrack for 2009. Be Bereans; watchmen must warn; evangelists must compel!
God bless you and God bless Israel ... Keith J Sinclair ... 26-June-2009

No comments: