Sunday, 13 September 2009

WHEN TIME STOOD STILL

Hello again folks! I thought that I'd wax lyrical today and share these wonderful words from the pen of Jeff Lynne. Although part of secular songs; they hint at eternity and other dimensions; they had a positive influence on me in my pre-Christian years:
ELDORADO OVERTURE [from ELO's "Eldorado"; 1974]
The dreamer, the unwoken fool,
In dreams, no pain will kiss the brow,
The love of ages fills the head,
The days that linger there in prey of emptiness,
Of burned out dreams,
The minutes calling through the years,
The universal dreamer rises up above his earthly burden,
Journey to the dead of night,
High on a hill in Eldorado.
PROLOGUE [from ELO's "Time"; 1981]
Just on the border of your waking mind,
There lies ... another time,
Where darkness & light are one,
And as you tread the halls of sanity,
You feel so glad to be,
Unable to go beyond,
I have a message,
From another time ...
A lot of my school friends told me that I was "deep". I've spoken to a number of Christian and non-Christian friends and family about how, in some ways, my early intesrest in music kind laid the groundwork for my later life et al. We all have a different flavour ..."different strokes for different folks" ... and everyone of us in an individual, created in the image of God but with our own will and set of 'complications'!!! Thank God that we are not all robots and are free to choose ... Him!!! Be Bereans; watchmen must warn; evangelists must compel! DO NOT BE DECEIVED!
God bless you and God bless Israel ... Keith JS ... 13-Sep-2009

No comments: