"FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 18-Feb-2010
* Did the Saudis have a hand? Did British intelligence?
* Few weeping over death of Hamas master terrorist
* There's much we don't know about Mabhouh's death, so it's unwise to jump to conclusions
2. Has Israel been set up?
3. Data banks
4. Region-wide conflagration
5. Disappearing Iranians
6. "The incrimination of Israel"
A DEATH IN DUBAI - By Tom Gross
* Britons had passport details stolen by 'Mossad death squad' (Times of London)
* Terror of innocent Britons named as assassins: Why choose us, ask Britons whose identities were stolen by Mossad hit squad [Daily Mail, page 1]. Another story on page 4 of the Daily Mail was headlined: "Dragged into a Mossad murder plot" and photo captions in the paper described those involved as "Mossad agents" and "Mossad killers".
* And today the lead editorial in The Guardian is titled "Israeli assassinations: passports to kill".
HAS ISRAEL BEEN SET UP?
* Mabhouh entered Dubai on a fake passport and it may have been difficult for the Mossad to follow his footsteps and synchronize any assassination with his travel schedule. But Hamas knew his whereabouts and plans at all times, and so did the Iranians and presumably the Syrians.
[All notes above by Tom Gross]
"THE INCRIMINATION OF ISRAEL"