Tuesday, 9 February 2010

ON: EDGE OF DARKNESS

Hello again folks! Two [2] weeks ago it was: "The Book of Eli" and tonight we are off to watch the new Mel Gibson film: "Edge of Darkness". Two [2] visits to the cinema in a month is as rare for me as Wolverhampton Wanderers FC winning a match or an MP claiming their correct expenses!

I have seen as many of these kinds of film as I've heard the classic: "Can't Get It Out Of My Head" by ELO [of course!]; I love not a few of these conspiracy thrillers! This film is an adaption of the 1985 BBC TV six-part series starring Bob Peck and Joanne Whalley. It was the same with the recent 2009 movie release: "State of Play" starring Russell Crowe which was [also] a motion picture version of the 2003 BBC TV six-parter that starred John Simm and David Morrissey et al.

"Edge of Darkness" deals with the plots and sub-plots of the nuclear industry and its intertwining with governmental politics and the darkness of fallen man's thoughts and intents. I honestly believe that in some of these films there is a clue to the real conspiracies going on all around us. Not that I am a conspiracy nut - of course! I just think it good practice to check things out - especially in these darkened days. Real Bereans [Acts 17:11] are truly needed and in short supply; watchmen must warn; evangelists must compel; DO NOT BE DECEIVED and watch that periphery!

God bless you and God bless Israel ... Keith JS ... 09-Feb-2010

No comments: