Friday, 26 February 2010

SILENT RUNNING [ON DANGEROUS GROUND]

Hello again folks! Back in 1985, as a young-ish believer, I always remember buying the 7" single entitled: "Silent Running [On Dangerous Ground]" by Mike & The Mechanics. The lyrics to this song written by Mike Rutherford and B.A. Robertson are indeed of interest to this hearer:

"Take the children and yourself and hide out in the cellar.
By now the fighting will be close at hand.
Don't believe the church and state and everything they tell you.
Believe in me, I'm with the high command.

Can you hear me?
Can you hear me running?
Can you hear me running,
Can you hear me calling you?

There's a gun and ammunition just inside the doorway.
Use it only in emergency.
Better you should pray to God, the Father,
And the Spirit will guide you and protect you from up here.

Can you hear me?
Can you hear me running?
Can you hear me running,
can you hear me calling you?

Swear allegance to the flag, Whatever flag they offer.
Never hint at what you really feel.
Teach the children quietly, For someday our sons and daughters,
Will rise up and fight while we stood still.

Can you hear me?
Can you hear me running?
Can you hear me running,
Can you hear me calling you?"
[end quote]

I've highlighted the words of interest. Is it me or are these words from 25 years ago still trying to say something? It's my belief that this song could easily be about a future; despotic world government under the rule of a man totally opposed to the One Triune God and in league with all organized religion [including Churchianity but excluding the remnant 'ekklesia']. There is definately other levels to this song. Please click here to watch the music video via my ELO BEATLES FOREVER blog:


Real Bereans [Acts 17:11] are truly needed; watchmen must warn; evangelists must compel; DO NOT BE DECEIVED and watch that periphery!

God bless you and God bless Israel ... Keith JS ... 26-Feb-2010

No comments: