Monday, 10 May 2010

A GOOD START: OXLEY ELECTION OVERVIEW

Hello again folks! I have now participated in the UK election process at local level and dipped my toe in the national election arena too. Most of you know that I stood for UKIP in the local council elections. After a very late night [on Thursday] and a packed weekend I have some news for you:


Yes, yours truly garnered a healthy 363 votes in the local council poll. This equates to 7% of the vote. And I am absolutely over the moon about it!!! In a ward of 8,000 households; we managed to deliver just 1,328 leaflets/flyers in only three [3] weeks despite throbbing feet and knackered knees. That equates to one [1] vote for every four [4] leaflets/flyers delivered. We only covered 15% of the electorate! UKIP managed nearly 1,200 votes in Wolverhampton NE and the Oxley leaflet drop was the only one in that Parliamentary constituency. I think we did good!

It is my belief that; for a 'campaign' short on time; resource and coverage ideally; we achieved a great result and a large; first; positive step. And if any of you folks who are reading this 'ere blog did vote for me; I would like to thank you most heartily. But this is only the beginning. There are larger fish to fry. I intend to make a full fist of the next General Election by standing for UKIP as a Parliamentary candidate.

But that is tomorrow; today is a day for reflection before we carry on upward. I have somewhat to say about my election and counting experiences in a later blog. Needless to say; it was "colourful". I found it most interesting to note that I gained a percentage that was close to the biblical number of "completeness"!!!

Real Bereans [Acts 17:11] are truly needed; watchmen must warn; evangelists must compel; DO NOT BE DECEIVED and watch that periphery!

God bless you and God bless Israel ... Keith JS ... 10-May-2010

No comments: