Thursday, 26 August 2010

BEREANOLOGY

Hello again folks! I've always hoped that besides being an outlet of the thoughts and musings of KJS; this 'ol blog would encourage debate and at the very least ignite folks into checking out the periphery and checking out all things for themselves a la the Bereans of Acts 17:11. Back in January 2010; I wrote this blog entitled: "COMMENTOLOGY":

http://kjs-heresywatch.blogspot.com/2010/01/commentology.html

I write usually from the heart with a zeal for encouragement; real concern for all folks and with the somewhat quirky humour of KJS. A friend of mine once said: "Keith; you are like Marmite! People either love you or hate you!". And they were right. And Jesus would prefer His folks being hot and/or cold - if we take Revelation 3:16 as it is written. He can deal with those souls ... it's the lukewarm; grey people who don't know [or care] what they believe or why they believe it that I'm sure frustrates His long suffering desire for their True Salvation.

I am no prophet but I do think it meet to peer into current events from time to time to see what's 'appening - so to speak! I get a hold of certain news threads and comment on them in light of certain scriptures. I say this because sometimes it feels to this writer that there are folks out there who like to shoot the messenger if they don't like the message. My retort is to encourage folks to check out the periphery and become True Bereans.

"This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance: That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation."
[II Peter 3:1-4]

And this is why I always sign off like this: Real Bereans [Acts 17:11] are truly needed; watchmen must warn; evangelists must compel; DO NOT BE DECEIVED and watch that periphery!

God bless you and God bless Israel ... KJS ... 26-Aug-2010

No comments: