Thursday, 10 March 2011

I THINK I GET IT!

Hello again folks! I've been musing today in the rare moments that I have had to myself during another busy day. Jesus said that IF you had faith the size of a mustard seed; then you can move mountains. I looked at a wall today and thought to myself this strange thought!: If I stood in front of a wall in a burning house - with no way of escape and I was told by the LORD that I could pass through it to safety - but only IF I had 100% faith; then would I have enough faith? 90% would be no good. 99.999% would also leave me short. But if I had perfect faith of 100%; I could escape miraculously.

I thought of Peter trying to follow his LORD and walk on the water after Him. He started out 100% 'in the zone' didn't he? Then he wavered and hit the doubt and worry zone. And promptly sank! I then thought of what the LORD said to the church @ Laodicea in the Book of Revealings [Revelation]. He said that He preferred folks HOT [i.e. 100%] or COLD [0%] but that He couldn't abide the 'luke warm' in between. And He is the Perfect Judge of it too. He can deal with on-fire folks and deep frozen folks ... but tepid; temperate folks are plain hard work to say the very least! I think I "get it".

Our God is not a God of compromise. He is an ABSOLUTE God. His demand for entry into eternal life is simple: 100% faith in the finished Work of His Son on the cross. He has done 100% of the Work and provided 100% of the means. Absolutely! The gift of Salvation is 100% free. What a deal!

Real Bereans [Acts 17:11] are truly needed; watchmen must warn; evangelists must compel; DO NOT BE DECEIVED and watch that periphery!

God bless you and God bless Israel ... KJS ... 10-March-2011

3 comments:

sarah p. said...

YOU DON'T HAVE A TWEET BUTTON !!

sarah p. said...

YOU DON'T HAVE A TWWET BUTTON !! :)

Anonymous said...

100% and not 99.9999% is perfection. Fortunately for me God works with and through us long before we get to 100%, or even 90%. Jesus also said you only needed faith "the size of a mustard seed" - very small. One of the issues seems to me to be in the way that we measure faith by "effects" - Do you have enough faith for this healing or that prayer to be answered? This gives the impression that it is something you do that makes it happen. If this is true then faith is almost a type of occultic power. Study it, learn how to "do it" and the power will be yours. True faith has NO power, only a really close relationship with somebody who does have. If you want to see things "happen" don't seek for a way of refining your faith so that you can get God to answer you prayers. Spend your time seeking God and his path for your life, then he will answer you prayers...even before you pray them!!! Even Jesus said that he could do nothing that the Father did not tell him to do (Or something like that, it does not sound quite right but I don't have a Bible to hand.) ;)

Hmm, sorry, got a bit carried away there. Salom brother - we are going to need it.