Saturday, 28 February 2009
Friday, 27 February 2009
Thursday, 26 February 2009
- The timing of the 'Rapture' [a.k.a. the 'pretribulation rapture' theory]
- The Gifts of the Spirit ending in the first century [a.k.a. 'cessationism']
- Once Saved; Always Saved [a.k.a. 'eternal security' despite ourselves]
I was not willingly deceived at that time. Neither do I now believe that those who espoused these doctrines intended to deceive me. They were [or are still] convinced in their own minds of these doctrines themselves &/or fully behind the 'statement of faith' of their movement[s]. In other words: 'churchianity'. I always remember saying, when debating these contentious issues with other believers of differing positions, that I would leave the door open; that if it could be proved that I was in error, that I would reconsider my own position.
By God's grace, over time and by God ordained circumstance; I came to the position of needing to declare publically that I had changed my view on these issues. And believe me; when those times arrive; there is no room for pride; only space for contrition; repentance and forgiveness.
Why do I say this? Because it is, in all probability, the case that I may also be wrong about some of what is coming upon the earth it terms of eschatology. I believe events will unfold relatively quickly, like dominoes - if you will, and I think that there will be a shock or three along the way. As things become clearer and the threads of prophecy unravel; and that ever quickly too; people like moi are going to have to rely less on what they see, hear, touch, sense and smell in the temporal and more on the true revelation of the Holy Spirit either through the Word of the Lord &/or the Lord of the Word directly in the eternal.
Because man is fallen and the creation is fallen; True Believers are, in a sense, illegal aliens in this present darkness. Deception will abound and great delusion is coming. That's not to say that we shouldn't be watching world events. But maybe instead of trying to squeeze the news into the Bible; we should see it and consider it prophetically; truthfully. One of my recent quotes is:
"Very soon; the word 'normal' will have to be redefined."
But Truth is always Truth with a capital 'T'; Pilate asked a good question about this very subject! Now, I have another quote for you today to consider and mull over:
"Knowledge without Wisdom is vanity."
We can all obtain knowledge [it is indeed increasing - see Daniel 12:4]; but Wisdom is from the Lord alone. Without both in tandem; we have a church of peoples opinions [literally the church of 'Laodicea'] and not God's divine 'ekklesia' of 'called out ones'. One scripture for us to commit to memory and act upon:
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." [Proverbs 3:5-6]
Watchmen need to warn; evangelists need to compel - but we all need to be faithful Bereans. Like I said at the outset; please [continue] to pray for me and my family. Thank you for sharing in my life!
God bless you and God bless Israel ... KJS ... 26-Feb-2009
Saturday, 21 February 2009
- Year-on-year tax receipts for the UK government were down £7 Billion
- The national debt of the UK is 49% of GDP
- Our national debt will be [when the cost of all the bail-outs or 'government assisted packages' is accounted for] will be £77 Billion
Individually, these numbers seem to be the latest in a long stream of numbers being banded about about the 'true cost of the worldwide recession' to us. But, being as I tend to think on things sometimes somewhat laterally, I couldn't help but think of this:
All of these figures are related to the number seven  - £7 Billion; 49% is seven  times seven  and £77 Billion is [obviously!] eleven  times seven .
What comes to mind is this ... all the doom and gloom; all these financial woes et al correspond [to me] to JUDGEMENT. You see, the number seven  is God's number of completeness ... His signature, if you will.
Could it be that for multiplying reasons - our turning against Israel; our turning away from our Judeo-Christian heritage; our embrace of evolutionism and islam [and any other 'religion' except the one true one] as well as many others - we are experiencing the divine judgement of God? Just as Israel and Judah did in biblical times for our mounting national sin and sins? It's a question worth asking and deserves an answer worth considering.
"Seek the LORD while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near" [Isaiah 55:6] seems, to me, to be being shouted in the heavenlies in this present darkness. And this doesn't just apply to the United Kingdom does it?
God bless you and God bless Israel ... KJS ... 21-Feb-2009
Friday, 20 February 2009
The Palestinian representative jumped up furiously and shouted, "What are you talking about? The Palestinians weren't there then."
The Israeli representative smiled and said:
"And now that we have made that clear, I will begin my speech."
Tuesday, 17 February 2009
Monday, 16 February 2009
Thursday, 12 February 2009
Wednesday, 11 February 2009
- Do not true adherents of islam - who follow the same verses as quoted in "Fitna" [amongst others] to the letter "... cause hatred ..."?
- Does not true islam cause hatred toward Jews, Christians, other 'infidels' &/or those who wish to leave it behind or critique it as other religions are?
- How can this one man be such a threat when a man who shared his views; Dutch film director Theo Van Gough; was murdered by Mohammed Bouyeri [an islamic 'extremist' or 'fundamentalist' muslim] in 2004?
- Why is our government afraid to let its own citizens have the choice to decide and judge, for themselves, the claims and actions of islam without being censored?
- Why do we see this constant capitulation to islam in the UK; the EU and the West?